Mastro Ghigo for E. Nardi, 1950s
Reference: 6777, 6196
Two promotional craquelure ceramic ashtrays made for Officine Nardi by Mastro Ghigo of Torino Italy. In the form of a steering wheel, the trays each bear a facsimile signature of E.Nardi (Enrico Nardi, 1907-1966) in gilt, one for the marque of Alfa-Romeo (Ref 6777) and the other for AC (Ref 6196).
Both Italian, circa 1950s.
Established in 1951, Officine Nardi specialized in automotive prototypes, but by the mid-1950s their focus was creating speed-enhancing car components. The company was most known for its design of the Nardi steering wheel, in mahogany and walnut, from which this design is inspired.
Diameter of each: 8 inches (20 cm)
Price Code: SOLD
Price Code: £
All images and text copyright © Pullman Gallery Ltd. 2023